You’ll Notice Some Changes During the Covid-19 Pandemic
We’re going above and beyond our already stringent infection control protocols to keep you safe, healthy, and happy during your visit.
Before Your Appointment:
- Your entire HCDA team is having their temperatures checked twice daily.
- Each day, HCDA team members must be able answer NO to all questions on our COVID-19 Screening Form in order to work.
- When you schedule your appointment, we’ll review our COVID-19 screening questions with you.
- If you’ve “opted in,” our Covid-19 Screening Form will be sent to you digitally on the day of your appointment.
- Plan to come to your appointment by yourself. (Of course, parents, guardians and caregivers are welcome when assistance is needed.)
- Plan to arrive for your appointment no more than 5 minutes early.
- When you arrive, please text (preferred) or call us at 830-257-3000 to let us know. We’ll respond to let you know when it’s your turn to enter the building.
- We are using secure digital communications as much as possible to reduce “shared paperwork” and streamline your time in the office.
- Please join us in this effort by “opting in.” Call us at 830-257-3000 for more information.
Inside the office:
- Your temperature will be checked with a “no-touch” forehead thermometer.
- Water fountains have been disabled (bottled water is available).
- Over half the seating in the waiting room has been removed.
- Remaining waiting room seating has been arranged to promote social distancing.
- Magazines, books, community computers and games have been removed.
- Plexiglass shields have been placed at the check-in and check-out counters.
- Social distancing signs have been placed in the office.
- A one-way patient flow pattern through the office will be observed.
- Cleaning and disinfection of common areas and restrooms will be performed at least hourly if not more frequently.
In the Clinical Areas:
- We are installing medical grade H13 HEPA filtration systems in each treatment room.
- We’ll offer you a pre-procedure rinse.
- We’ll utilize KN95 masks for any clinical procedure that may generate aerosols.
- Your clinical team will wear face shields when appropriate.
- You’ll notice more infection control barriers in the clinical spaces.
- We’ll continue to maintain our rigorous cleaning, disinfection and sterilizing processes to keep you safe!